3.25.2008

#59 and #86 completed!

Well, I had to change #59 because it was a duplicate, so I of course made it something I've already done but this was a big deal for me! I completed a 10K at pub 317's annual Run to the Pub. It took me 1:20 to finish the race, and about 7 days to recover :)

#86 . . . spot a celebrity! I haven't elaborated too much on Alison and Barrett's wedding, but some of my dedicated blog readers know that it was a possibility we would be meeting up with the Golden Bear Jack Nicklaus, as he is a friend of Alison's family. Indeed we did, and he is a very kind man! I took a few photos of Alison and Barrett with Jack and his wife, Barbara, and when Jack thanked me I blurted out "my dad's a huge fan!!" And he just smiled and said very genuinely, "thank you, I appreciate that." When I was telling Alison about how silly I felt for saying that, she told me that he is indeed very appreciative of hearing things like that, and realizes that his fans are a huge part of his success. Well, that and he's a kick-ass golfer!

No comments: