4.24.2008

a little downtime?

So I have an interesting schedule ahead of me . . . life is about to change! I can't believe I only have 5 weeks left of the job where I thought I'd work for the rest of my career. It was easy to justify working with one baby - but with two, just the stress of getting out of the house in the morning wasn't worth twice as much as I'm making right now! And I realized the importance of doing what you love for a living. And, most important, being more available for the girlies.

The girls will be 3 and 1 next week. Yes, Ava was born May 3, 2005, and Stella was born May 4, 2007.

here's ava about 3 days old . . .


and stella probably about the same age, or a few days older . . .


Everyone wanted me to hold off so Stella wasn't born on Ava's birthday, but we're still having a joint birthday party and will for many years to come! I find it ridiculously adorable, I think it's very quirky and cute and makes us a little original.

Anyway, I'm sooooo anxious for spring and finally being able to comfortably shoot outside, in the light that I love! I get to photograph some family portraits this Saturday just before miss Kinley's first birthday party . . .


the following weekend is the girls' birthday party for their little friends on Saturday, and the weekend after that I have two definite, maybe three, shoots all in one day - family portraits in the morning, family portraits and another first birthday party in the afternoon for miss Juliana . . .


and an engagement shoot in the evening. Whew!

So in my downtime, I've been contracted to do some freelance writing for a book due by the end of May, I'm constantly researching my favorite blogs for technical tips and inspirational photos, I'm struggling with a very sassy almost-3-year-old, and I'm trying to keep up with my Sex and the City reruns to keep my sanity in check. But I'm definitely blessed in this life :)

No comments: