10.12.2008

christmas card designs are HERE! (and they rock)

My amazing graphic designer sent over the final files this afternoon to show y'all my Christmas card designs! Well, technically they're her designs but she has unreal talent and is hired for life so that my brand flows well and is consistent and represents my style and who I am as a photographer . . .

Okay, so here is the deal on these cards. I'll talk about each card and photo placement when I post the photos. There are 3 options. So here we go:

1. You can only order them using a photo I've taken. In other words, if you love the design but don't know me from Adam, they're not for sale. Sorry :( It's primarily because my logo is printed on the back of each card, so I can't take credit for a photo that someone else took (or a photo that is poor quality).

2. You do NOT have to schedule a new session . . . if I have photographed your family before, you are more than welcome to use one of those photos.

3. If that is the case - that I have photographed your family before - then the cards will be printed with a photo(s) from a professional lab. I believe most, if not all, my past portrait sessions included a CD of high-resolution images. And it's totally up to you where you choose to get those photos printed. For the purpose of these cards, though, and the work that went into them both photography-wise and design-wise, it is important that the quality is at its best. I don't need the high-school junior working in the Target photo lab color-correcting my photographs. Not that I have anything against high school juniors, I once was one myself, but I DO have issues with the Target photo lab :) For one, they print only glossy. Ew! But I love everything else about Target and even do a little investing in the corporation! Okay, off on a tangent. So if you want to use a photo I've already taken, even though you have the copyright to the image, if the card you order is one where the photos are manually placed, those photos will be ordered by yours truly, and delivered to you with the card for placement. I'm happy to do the photo placing, also.

4. Okay, so if you haven't already done your Christmas photo shoot, then let's get it scheduled! All sessions should be completed before Thanksgiving to ensure time enough for photo editing, printing and card placement orders.

5. At this point, you're probably wondering what the hell is this all going to cost me? Well, if you choose to schedule a new session, you won't owe any type of sitting fee but rather will pay for the cards and photographs (retail). So if you're interested in any of this, please email me at morgan@morganroofphotography.com and I will get you hooked up!

6. You're probably pretty sick of the logistics behind all these, so on with the card designs!

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! For ordering purposes, let's call this Holiday Card No. 1 (original, I know):

Photobucket

This is so freakin' cute. This card is a 5" x 7" and would include one 4" x 6" photo that would be manually placed onto the card (so your recipients can peel away the photo and keep it for-ev-ah!) The best thing about this card is how versatile it is - if you are a newly married couple, the two little birds are perfect. If you are a family or 3 or 4 or 5 or 12 (Brad and Angie, call me!) then we can add all the little birds to represent the value of the family.

Holiday Card No. 2: another amazing card! This one is another manually-placed photo card, absolutely perfect for any kind of photo, whether it's a big family or just the two of you! This card size is a bit smaller than a 4" x 6", so the photo printed for it is a 4.125" x 2.75", which is really just perfect for a holiday card. Very artsy! Here it is:

Photobucket

And this last one just makes me smile. If you got married or engaged this year and want to send the love, this is just perfection.

Photobucket

This card includes three photos that are printed with the card, so no photo placement is required by you or I. Simply beautiful!

Thanks for hanging in there with me on the long post, but the cards were worth the wait :) Hope to hear from you all!

No comments: