10.05.2008

lynn and chris renew their vows!

So, I missed a day of blogging but it was only because I spent the day and evening with the lovely Lynn, who renewed her vows yesterday to her very sweet husband, Chris! I ususally try and get the slideshows up the night of the wedding but I was BEAT last night. So this is the next best thing, right?

Now I don't know all the details, but I DO know that Lynn and Chris actually got married - get this - inside a McDonalds in California after winning some contest on the radio. And I do believe Chris was dressed in an Elvis costume based on the photos I saw during their slideshow :) They have been married for ten years, and October 4th is actually the anniversary of their first kiss. Awwwww!!!!

I previously wrote that Lynn and Chris had been together for 13 years, but I was wrong. It's 15 years. And they're high school sweethearts! I have a huge soft spot for high school sweethearts. There's just something about two people who are so content and happy with each other that there's no need to go explore. The relationship works beautifully, and these couples seem to know the grass really isn't always greener on the other side. Love is a choice and a committment to be there no matter what . . .

Lynn and Chris renewed their vows at the Riverside Country Club here in Bozeman in front of their dearest friends, family, and three beautiful children. Their ceremony was supposed to be held on the golf course on the 10th green but the storm in the Bridgers was just too close for comfort, so they decided to move it inside. I know Lynn was a little bummed, but it was such a beautiful and emotional ceremony. Watching two people recite vows to each other after 15 years together is so touching, it wouldn't have mattered if the words were spoken under a tree or under track lighting . . . one of my favorite parts was when Lynn told Chris that as she stood before him on this day, she actually knew what it meant to love someone. She knows what for better or worse really means, and she's in it for the long haul.

Lynn's sister, Jennifer, did her makeup and did an amazing job!

Photobucket

Lynn's oldest child, Crystal, who is 11, is just about the most darling child ever. Lynn told me that Crystal makes her want to be a better person, and that if she could be like anyone, it would be Crystal.

Photobucket

Crystal and I have a similar taste for fashion and being goofballs in front of the camera, also :)

Photobucket

Lynn was so excited and giddy all day long! This is so fun to see because many times the brides get frazzled. But there's just no reason to!

Photobucket

This is the handsome Chris seeing Lynn for the first time all dolled up:

Photobucket

One of my favorite portraits of the two . . .

Photobucket

First dance together after 10 years of marriage . . .

Photobucket

And a very sweet moment:

Photobucket

Lynn and Chris, thank you for reminding us all what it means to be married . . . to be a family, and to put all of that before anything else in the world. I have so much love for you both!

Here is the SLIDESHOW! And the beautiful song is Just Like Heaven by Katie Melua. Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures....gorgeous children.....wonderful story!
Carrie

Pam, John, Ryan, Sara said...

I agree about the high school sweethearts! They certainly know that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence and I have never once questioned the fact that I didn't explore!! I met my soulmate at age 15 (even though many people doubt that you can do that so young, you really can). I will be turning 40 this year and have never been happier (we celebrated our 17th anniversary this year)! I wish the same for this beautiful couple and their family. Many, many more years to come!

Anonymous said...

Morgan is such a fabulous photographer and captured the essence of their love...