1.05.2010

101 in 1001 in 2010 :)

Almost two years ago I started my 101 in 1001 list, and failed miserably . . . while I did achieve a number of goals on my list, many of them, now that I look back, aren't appropriate for where I'm at in my life right now. Considering this is a new decade, I'm officially 30, and have completely (almost) started over in so many other areas of my life, I want to do a brand spankin' new 101 in 1001 list - one that I print and tack to the wall above my desk, and read everyday with inspiration and happiness :) So here it is, my fresh 101 in 1001 list! And my deadline is October 2, 2012. Click here to find yours! ;) Stay tuned for updates! (I mean it this time!) . . .

1. Complete a wine tasting course (by book or live).
2. Write a poem.
3. Take the girls to the ocean.
4. Re-read a favorite classic book.
5. Take a dance class.
6. Learn to ski for real.
7. Go ice-skating.
8. Get a wedding published!
9. Upgrade my camera.
10. Buy a tilt-shift lens.
11. Spend a summer weekend in Nantucket.
12. Visit the Northern Pacific Coast.
13. Climb 3 more 46ers in the Adirondacks.
14. Run 3 miles consecutively.
15. Host a formal dinner party.
16. Paint a picture for each of the girls.
17. Knit hats for each of the girls.
18. Read 1 book per month.
19. NYC food/wine/shopping expedition!
20. Visit Boston again.
21. Make handmade paper.
22. Play a round of golf with my dad.
23. Shoot a destination wedding.
24. Take a pottery class.
25. Host a girls-only luncheon.
26. Weigh in at 117 again.
27. Attend an art gallery opening.
28. Attend a photography workshop of a photographer I admire.
29. Plant (and grow!) a vegetable garden.
30. Run another 10K.
31. Host a wine-tasting party.
32. Go boating on Lake Champlain.
33. Save $10,000.
34. Grow an herb garden and use them in my cooking!
35. Visit my grandparents' graves.
36. Go bowling.
37. Go fly-fishing.
38. Write a short story.
39. Take a cooking class of something I've never cooked.
40. Roll my own sushi.
41. Have a summer solstice party.
42. Join WPJA.
43. Visit Rulfs Orchards in NY in the fall.
44. Buy a flat-screen TV.
45. Hang a chalkboard on which to write my dinner menu.
46. Go camping (a lot!)
47. Purchase an antique.
48. Throw a surprise birthday party for someone I love.
49. Make a snow angel.
50. Buy a new computer with a ginormous monitor.
51. Break into the newborn market.
52. Break into the boudoir market.
53. Go sailing.
54. Go on a wine tour in Oregon, Washington or California, or all three! ;)
55. Make Lobster Thermidor from scratch (and have it taste amazing!).
56. Visit another country.
57. Hire a much-needed assistant.
58. Order canvas prints of my family to hang.
59. Buy new curtains.
60. Donate unused goods to charity.
61. Buy a better printer.
62. Do another photo shoot of the girls.
63. Develop a fine art portfolio, website, and sell my work online.
64. Get my writing published.
65. Get my hair chemically straightened.
66. Visit a spa for at least 3 hours of pampering.
67. Go on a Harley ride with my dad.
68. Become "a golfer."
69. Play in a soccer game.
70. Learn how to use off-camera flash.
71. Have an "about me" video done and posted on my website.
72. Get updated headshots.
73. Update my cell phone.
74. Successfully use my electric wine opener 3 times consecutively.
75. Make creme brulee.
76. Eat creme brulee.
77. Let the girls make brownies, cookies, whatever, totally on their own - with the exception of me putting them in the oven and measuring.
78. Re-subscribe to Food & Wine magazine.
79. Do a commercial photo shoot.
80. Do a charity photo shoot for a needy family.
81. Order 5 new sample albums.
82. Give my old sample albums to those clients as gifts.
83. Give Stella her first haircut.
84. Not cry when Ava goes to kindergarden this year . . . :(
85. Enroll the girls in dance class.
86. Take a tap dancing class again!
87. Buy an instant camera.
88. Grill a perfect ribeye.
89. Do a cleansing.
90. P90X. Grrrrrr.
91. I only have ten more!
92. Get on the cover of Vogue.
93. Sleep in nothing but a pair of Manolos.
94. Have lunch with Sarah Jessica Parker.
95. Publicly announce my Tiger Woods affair and cash out.
96. Walk in the Victoria's Secret fashion show.
97. Don't eat meat for a week. Yawn.
98. Defend myself with one of my Henckles.
99. Get the girls to sleep all night in their own beds! Woot!
100.Brush my teeth.
101.Go to bed.
:)

3 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

OK, out of all the amazing things on that list I freaked out when I saw the "hang a chalkboard" one b/c we have a chalkboard in our kitchen and it ROCKS. When I have my act together, I write out all of the meal plans for the week so that way there is no guessing. When Bryan comes home and asks "what's for dinner" I can point and say "those are the 6 meals we have ingredients for - pick one."

And when I don't have my act together it either acts as a place for the grocery list or a place for me to write funny quotes and amuse myself.

Win-win either way :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan,

I love your list. It was very inspiring and I think I am going to start my own.

I have been reading your blog and loving your photography for over a year now. I found your site through another site of a local photographer here in plattsburgh. You take the most beautiful pictures. I melt when I look at them. Since the first day I saw your site, I told myself, that when I get married (some day) I will be contacting you.

Thanks for being a highlight to my internet browsing.

Erin

Leslie Lukas said...

I think I will be tagging along for most of these...maybe not the brushing teeth, but most! xxxooo LL