2.27.2008

joseph, oregon

I am trying to shoot as much as possible, but still being employed full time, it's very challenging - by the time I get home from work, the sun has gone down and there's no light left to photograph outside. I'm very, very anxious for spring, and I'm even more anxious to get my hands on a few new lenses that will allow me to switch up my photos a bit.

As some of you know, Carson's Aunt Laurel, his mom's sister, moved from Park City, Utah, to Joseph, Oregon, about 2 years ago. Joseph is a small town, with probably less than 2,000 people, but it's absolutely beautiful, and the county itself, Wallowa County, actually has a population of about 7,000. Laurel is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, and her practice resides on her 320-acre dreamscape where she works her magic, heals patients, rides horses and lives the good life. Check out her retreat at www.windspiritmedicine.com. I've been there twice and always get amazing photos - the sun is always shining! Here are a few of my favorites:


This picture cracks me up - we had just gotten this vehicle, and Carson is imitating the old Toyota commercial that sings, "I love what you do for me, Toyota!" and then everyone jumps in the air!! Remember that? Well, not only that part is hysterical, but the fact that everyone is just hanging out on the front lawn, the dogs, horses, Carson . . . you gotta love the country!









Here she is, Aunt Laurel, a/k/a Auntie Oreo . . . and by the way, one of those beers was for me :) We were at the Blues & Brews Festival, Joseph's annual gathering of great music, food and beer. If you're ever in the area, it's a definite must-see!








Here are Laurel's horses, hanging out on the land. Rough life . . .


This guy was in one of the bands who played at the Blues & Brews Festival. Very cool purple suit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Wow Morgan I think I need to go to Aunt "Oreo's" retreat after all is said and done. It looks so beautiful there. The pictures are so beautiful and your husband could def. be in that commercial.
SMILE
Kate