4.05.2008

these are a few of my favorite things . . .

Move over, Oprah!

Here is a list of my daily must-haves :)

My favorite blogs:

Melissa Jill - an AMAZING Phoenix-based photographer who sets the bar in this business. My goal is not to be good - my goal is to be extraordinary, and with photographers like Melissa networking and sharing their tips and techniques, I know this is possible.

Jamie Hammond - Jamie is another amazing photographer who used to be based in Phoenix and has relocated to California. Not only is she super-talented, but she answers all of those nagging little questions I have that I just need answered this minute, and has been incredibly helpful and inspiring. She also has adorable kids she posts on her blog (and another on the way) so it's nice to have another photographer-mom to connect with.

Open Source Photo - this is pretty much every photographer's dream blog. David Jay not only takes beautiful photos, he is also building an empire to help photographers succeed in their business, make their days shorter and maximize the beauty of their photos. His forum is an incredible resource with tons of information, tips and advice for photographers of all levels. I absolutely love being part of a business that makes networking almost as important as learning the techniques of photography!

Chris Humphreys - another Santa Barbara-based photographer who blogs tips, techniques and tutorials, and also, of course, takes amazing photos!

www.people.com. 'nuff said :) You know you love it too!

Baby on Bored - Stefanie Wilder-Taylor is an absolute riot! I read Sippy Cups Are Not For Chardonnay in about a day and literally laughed 'til tears at least once a chapter. For any moms out there looking for a good laugh, I encourage you to make her blog a part of your internet fun, as well as reading her books. Her latest is Naptime is the New Happy Hour.

Other favorite hits:

My email! I'm always checking for potential customer inquiries and blog comments, which I love, by the way :)

The Duprey Family - Kate is actually my high-school boyfriend's sister who is married to a wonderful man with a very painful disease called Scleroderma. They have an almost-1-year-old little guy and are currently in North Carolina underdoing a stem cell transplant at Duke University. Kate blogs daily about their experience, and it's so amazingly humbling to read their blog and be reminded what life is truly about.

Anything Bobbi Brown!

I'll leave you with another tease of spring . . .

2 comments:

Melissa Jill :) said...

Awwww shuckS!

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Thanks Morgan. I enjoy watching your beautiful girls grow and watch you become an amazing photographer. You are truley a gem with and without your camera. SMILE