9.25.2008

poor lola

This is my dear, sweet lab, Lola . . .

Photobucket

A couple weeks ago she came home from the pond with a terrible limp, so we knew she obviously had hurt herself. We waited it out a bit, hoping maybe it was a slight sprain or strain that would heal within the week . . . not so. Turns out Lola tore her ACL and meniscus in her back left leg :(

Carson and I met in January of 2002 in Denver. I met him that week I was visiting my sister. We hit it off, stayed in touch, and I visited him again in April during my spring break. Again, an amazing week. I went back out in June for a 2 week stay, and on my 4th day there, Carson asked me to stay. So I did.

We got Lola that same week. She was part of a beautiful litter, and the only yellow lab left for us to take. The poor girl is staying at the vet tonight - basically staying in a kennel for the first time ever. We can pick her up Saturday, and then begin quite a rehabilitation project with the miss. It will be an interesting next few months in doggie world for sure!! :) Keep her in your thoughts, all you animal lovers!

2 comments:

Pam, John, Ryan, Sara said...

She is adorable! We will keep her in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

OH little Lola! We will definately keep her in our thoughts and prayers! she is so sweet looking!! You are an amazing person! Your husband better know that is one lucky man!! You are so sweet! Thanks for all the great e-mails you always send out, and your website is always so fun to look at! I love the POSITIVE attitude all the time!! See you after the wedding!! XOXOXO
Nat and Dane