12.24.2008

reflection

Well, I just can't say enough about this year and how blessed I am to finally be able to do what I LOVE for a living.

My husband has always been the dreamer in our family. Sometimes I catch him staring blankly into space and know what's to come next . . . You know what we should do? . . . You know what's a good idea? So Steve and I were talking and have this really cool business idea . . . We balance each other well because I tend to be more practical about life, missing out on all the fun and spontaneity, settling into my chair at night with the same old predictable glass of red wine, Sex and the City rerun and maybe an US Weekly magazine. Thanks to my husband's push, belief and support, I now settle into my chair at night with the same predictable glass of wine, my laptop and maybe an In Style Weddings magazine.

It truly amazes me how much my life has changed, and how it changed in a single instant when I started a photography blog and put my logo on Montana Bride. I have made as many mistakes as I have perfected something. I have spent thousands of hours reading about f-stops, shutter speed and natural light so that when I am photographing two people in love, the technical stuff is taken care of, so I can worry instead about capturing that perfect, spontaneous laugh. I have moved people to tears, and if that isn't enough to keep me passionate about what I do, then nothing is.

I will be posting more in the next week, celebrating my favorite photographs from the year, and preparing for the big 2-9 birthday I'll be celebrating on New Year's Eve! For now, I want to wish my clients, friends, family and colleagues an absolutely wonderful, beautiful Chrismas - thank you for helping me be where I am today.

Much love,
Mo

No comments: