11.18.2008

a sad loss in the hometown

This past weekend I learned that a very significant and memorable building in my hometown burnt down. It just about brought tears to my eyes. The building itself was primarily the Comfort Inn hotel, adjacent to that the Court Club, where everyone and their mother worked out, a Perkins restaurant, and a sports bar. The hotel had a beautiful ballroom where I was fortunate to have a wonderful evening there photographing Carrie and Dave this past August.

Photobucket

It's terrible and very emotional I know for many people for different reasons. While I know there are many couples out there scrambling to find a new location to hold their wedding reception, and that the stress of that can be quite burdensome, my heart goes out to the hundred-plus employees of the establishment who are going to have to find new employment in a terrible economy and 5 weeks before Christmas. Thankfully the insurance was in check and hopefully they take care of everyone the way they should. Everyone is definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

No comments: